Wednesday 13 October 2010

Dr. Christian Jessen

Many of us will have heard of Dr. Christian Jessen.  The celebrity doctor co-hosting Embarrassing Bodies and Supersize vs Superskinny whom most British housewives want a piece of.  He is also Attitude's in-house health expert and recently flashed his chiselled body on Attitude Active's cover.

I envy him for a few reasons:

1.  He graduated from UCL in the year 2000 and took the unconventional career route of spending two years in Kenya and Uganda where his main focus was on HIV and malaria. Taking a year out of training as I am doing now is already considered precarious in this current NHS climate.  He, I believe, then trained as a GP and now has a clinic in Harley Street which he runs in addition to all the media work.  To have taken the road less travelled and become as successful as he is now is what I find  inspiring.

2.  He managed to sculpt a body worthy to be splashed across Attitude (not that I think that highly of this mag =p) despite all his commitments.

3.  He is always seen at the coolest parties.

4.  He is probably very rich.

On a more negative tone, critics of Embarrassing Bodies may say that the programme serves no higher purpose than entertaining the audience.  As much as I would like to think that it is a creative public health measure to promote the health of the population, I have to agree with that.  So whether it is a 'meaningful' medical career, I am not so sure, but I am going to carve one that will be and yet not compromise my fabulous gay lifestyle!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment