Saturday 9 October 2010

Massage @ Agua Spa, Sanderson's

I love a bit of luxury in life.  A bit of pampering from time to time.  Massage is one of my favourite indulgence. For general well-being, I justify to my conscience.  And no, it needn't be a hunky masseur, although that is always a bonus =).  

I visited the Agua Spa at the chic Sanderson's hotel for the first time last week having heard about it from someone I dated a long time back.  I had been to their Malaysian restaurant for dinner once and I absolutely adored the hotel's ambience (more than the food).  Stylish.  Chic.  Trendy.  Cool.  You get the idea.

the communal lounge

The spa did not disappoint.  The place was really an oasis in central London (Oxford Circus) as it claimed to be.  High ceilings with white silky curtains as partitions gave it a very dreamy, out-of-the-world feeling (not the kind that mephedrone gives you but still...).  I opted for the aromatherapy massage, only slightly disappointed that it would be with a female masseur.  I was like "I really want someone strong with firm pressure" but that did not work.

The massage was awesome, no happy ending thank god.  Definitely much more skilled than some of the self-professed masseurs on Gaydar's commercial profiles who regarded smearing baby oil all over your body as a professional therapy.

All in all, a blissful, relaxing experience, perfect for recovering from a week of hard work at the hospital, or after a hard night out.

3 comments:

  1. Hey GM, thanks for the recent comment :-). I've added a link to your blog from my blog, so will you repay the favour?

    GB xxx

    PS: I *think* you probably emailed me privately in Jan 2009. In any case, good luck with your new blog :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! OK, I'll try and work out how to link your blog - still haven't played around yet! Hmm..private email last year, I'm not too sure =p. Anyway, good luck with your work mr. banker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. massage in singapore

    ReplyDelete